We thought that was pretty weird...until we actually tried a gooseberry and understood why they didn't make it in to oak.
What did make it in to oak? Well, the fresh raspberries that hung out in oak with Lolita for a while. Whole peaches shared a barrel with Halia for a bit. Sofie enjoyed her time in wine barrels with hand-zested orange peel. Meanwhile, Juliet soaked up the wine barrel oak with bunch of blackberries. The oak that Gillian was in had delicious strawberries, white pepper, and honey. And Matilda...she didn't need anything added besides her friend Brett. Yeah, the gooseberries are looking worse by the sentence.
Even more importantly to us is what made it in to stainless...for this event in particular.
Starting right when we open at noon, we'll be pouring some of the finest beers ever produced by Goose Island (Alan said it, so it's factual around here). The lovely ladies of honor include:
- Matilda Brett-Fermented Belgian Pale Ale
- Sofie Wine Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Ale w/ Orange Peel
- Lolita Wine Barrel-Aged Pale Wild Ale w/ Raspberries
- Halia Wine Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Ale w/ Peaches
- Juliet Wine Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Ale w/ Blackberries
- Gillian Wine-Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Ale w/ Strawberries, White Pepper & Honey
If you're feeling hungry, a little-known food truck called Toasty Cheese will be here as well starting around 5 p.m. You've probably never heard of them.