All through January, we're working with Lagunitas Brewing Company to raise awareness and funds for the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation, an organization that we hold very close to our hearts.
Throughout the month, we'll be donating $1 of every Laguitas beer we have on tap or in cans to the foundation. We aim to have at least three beers to choose from at any given time, with great stand-bys like Lagunitas Pils and 12th of Never, and more rare offerings like Dark Swan.
On Saturday, January 28th, we're holding a grand finale here at the tap room, one last blow-out to raise as much money for the cause as possible. That day, we'll be tapping High West-ified Imperial Coffee Stout, a rich, malty Imperial Stout with some of Metropolis' Spice Island blend coffee aged in High West Rye and Bourbon Barrels for up to 17 months.
Lagunitas IPA will be on the Heritage Handle, and every dollar of that keg will go to the charity. We'll also be hanging with our friends from Lagunitas all evening, and Grumpy Gaucho will be out back serving up their tasty empanadas.
We'll have a bunch of killer items for silent auction and raffles throughout the evening as well. Here's a taste of what will be available for the auction:
- Coffee Gift Box & Coffee Candy - Coffee Drop Shop - Geneva, IL
- Tea Gift Box & Tea Candy - Coffee Drop Shop - Geneva, IL
- Ream's Meat Market Gift Card - Elburn, IL
- Benedict's Eggs & More Gift Basket - East Dundee, IL
- Geneva Wine Cellars Gift Bag - Geneva, IL
- Sweet Natalie's Gift Certificate - Geneva, IL
- Top Dog Gift Basket - Geneva, IL
- Crystal Lake Brewing Gift Basket - Crystal Lake, IL
- PRTR Sack of Awesome - Plank Road Tap Room - Elgin, IL
- Weber Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill - Mike Baker
- Solemn Oath Brewery Tour and Swag Package - Naperville, IL
Anyone who attended last year can attest to the fact that we all had a great time and the love in the air was palpable. Come be a part of something bigger than each of us and put your thirst to good use.